Heart shaped pizza for your Valentine Day Menu. You can have any toppings you like. I have made it with capsicum / Bell pepper hearts.
To make the dough:
Flour ... 2 cups
Yeast ... 1 tsp
Sugar .. 1 tsp
Salt .... 1/2 tsp
Olive oil ... 1 tbsp
1. Take lukewarm water in a bowl and tip in the sugar without mixing.
2. Sprinkle the yeast on top and leave it for a few minutes until it becomes frothy.
3. Now take the flour in a big bowl and add salt and olive oil.
4. Stir in the yeast and knead the dough adding a little water if required.
5. Place it in a greased bowl covered in a warm place until it raises to double the size.
Meanwhile make the sauce:
Tomato ... 1 large
Chilli sauce .. 1 tbsp
Salt ... to taste
Oregano .. 1/2 tsp
Oil ... 1 tbsp
1. Blanch the tomato and peel the skin. Puree it.
2. In a pan add oil and saute the tomato puree until thick
3. temper it with salt, chilli sauce and oregano.
You may add a little sugar or tomato ketchup if you like.
Capsicums / Bell Peppers .. red, green and yellow (cut them into tiny hearts using a cutter )
To make the pizza:
1. Take out the risen dough and knead it to a smooth texture.
2. Roll it and cut out into a heart shape. You can use a heart shaped mould if you have one.
3. Spread the prepared sauce evenly.
4. Place the capsicum hearts.
5. Sprinkle the cheese and oregano on top.
6. Leave it for 10 minutes until it is risen.
7. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes. ( 250 degrees )
Note: The time and temperature depends on the type of oven used. Check it out.