Here is a lovely Brazilian snack made with crab meat. Deep fried and crispy crab meat balls make a nice party snack and kids delight.
Crab meat .... 200 gms
Garlic ...... 1 tsp (crushed)
Onion ..... 2-3 tbsps (finely chopped)
Parsley ..... 1 tbsp (finely chopped .. you can use coriander leaves also )
Flour ..... 1 tbsp
Milk .... 1/2 cup
Sea food seasoning .. 1 tsp ( I used 1/2 tsp garam masala )
Tabasco ..... 1 tsp ( add according to your taste )
Salt ... to taste
Egg .... 1
Bread crumbs ... 1/2 cup
1. Wash the crab meat using a strainer and lime juice.
2. In a pan heat 1 tbsp. of oil and saute the onions for a minute.
3. Add the garlic, salt and the crab meat and stir fry for 4-5 minutes.
4. Mix the flour with milk and add it to the meat and keep stirring until it becomes thick and starts leaving the edges.
5. Mix the seasoning, tabasco and parsley. Let it cool.
6. Make round balls.
7. Beat the egg with a little salt.
8. Spread the bread crumbs in a plate.
9. Dip the balls in egg and then roll into the bread crumbs.
10 Deep fry and serve them with any sauce.
Pin for later
You may also like:
Acaraje / Brazilian Black Eyed Bean Fritters
Casquinha de Siri / Baked Crab in a Shell
Thanks a lotDelete
wow shobha, I love these crab balls, very very lovely and inviting...ReplyDelete
Thanks for likingDelete
must be delicious.ReplyDelete
Yes they are yummy..Delete