Ingredients for the dough:
Maida/white flour ........... 2 cups
Fresh yeast ... 1 cube (if using dry yeast-1 tablespoon)
Salt ............ 1 tsp.
Sugar ......... 2 tsp.
Ghee/butter .......... 1 tsp.
Luke warm water for kneading.( you may use milk + water )
1. Take the flour, make a well in the middle. Put only the sugar and crumble the yeast on top of the sugar.
2. Sprinkle the salt on the side (there should be no contact between the yeast and the salt)
3. Knead the dough using the luke warm water.Add the ghee and knead it well for 2-3 minutes.
4. Cover it and leave it in a warm place till it is risen to double.
(about 15-20 mins. in summer....in winter it takes a little longer)
5. Knead the dough again and make buns.
6. Using scissors give a snip on two sides to make the ears.
7. Pierce with a straw for eyes.
8. Leave them for 5 minutes to rise.
9. Bake them in a pre-heated oven on medium temperature (200 degrees) for
8-10 minutes or until done.
Note: The temperature may vary a few minutes depending on the size and type of the oven.