Soft and delicious home made dinner rolls to serve with your soup. Try out this recipe and you will not go wrong.
Maida / APF ...... 2 cups
Fresh yeast ........ 1 cube (crumbled 1 tbsp or use 2 tsps dry yeast)
Salt ... 1 tsp
Sugar ... 2 tsps.
Ghee or butter ... 1 tsp
Luke warm water .. for kneading. (you can also use half milk and half water)
1. Take the flour in a large bowl, make a well in the middle. Put only sugar and crumble the yeast on it. If using dry yeast just add that to the sugar.
2. Sprinkle the salt on the side. There should be no contact between the yeast and salt.
3. Knead the dough using lukewarm water. Add the ghee or butter and knead further for 4-5 minutes.
4. Place the dough in a greased bowl. Cover and leave it in a warm place till it becomes double.(about 30 mins in summer and in winter it may take longer)
5. Now remove the dough and knead it lightly to remove air bubbles.
6. Divide into smaller portions using a dough cutter or a knife. Shape the rolls in any pattern you like... round, spiral, knots or plaited.Brush them with egg white or milk.
Place them in a greased tray leaving enough space between them as they will double in size after baking.
7. Leave them to rise again.
8. When they are risen bake them in a pre-heated oven at 250 degrees C for about 13-15 minutes. The time may vary a bit depending on the type and size of oven.
9. Brush them with melted ghee while they are hot for extra softness and taste.
Note: If you are using dry yeast take a small bowl with lukewarm water. Add the sugar and spoon the yeast on top without stirring. Place in a warm oven for few minutes until it becomes frothy. Now you can knead the dough with this. If it does not become frothy then do not use it. It means either the water is too hot or the yeast is dead.
Pin for later
You may also like: