This is an Oriental smack made with a slight differemce in the tempering ingredients in countries like China, Thailand, Vietnam and Korea. The rice paper and the sauces are easily available in all the Chinese or Japanese stores.The rolling of these rolls is a bit difficult but can be mastered by making them a few times.These can be lightly pan fried also but I prefer them just like this as they are so light and healthy.
Rice papers ... as needed
Shrimps ...... 1/2 cup
Ice berg lettuce ... 1/2 cup (break into small pieces)
Red capsicum ... sliced into thin strips (handful)
Green capsicum .... sliced into thin strips (handful)
Carrot .............. fine juliennes .. (handful)
Radish / mooli .. fine juliennes (handful)
Mint leaves ..... few (chopped)
Coriander leaves .. 2 tbsps (chopped)
Green or red chillies ... 1 tsp (finely chopped ) - optional
Lemon juice or vinegar... 1 tsp
Fish sauce ... 1 tsp
Salt ... add a pinch or two if needed as the fish sauce is salty
Sesame oil ... 1 tbsp
Dipping sauce ingredients:
Lime juice ... 1/4 cup
Sugar or honey ..... 2 tbsps
Fish Sauce .. 3 tsps
Soy Sauce ... 1 tbsp
Rice vinegar .. 1 tbsp
Coriander ...... 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
Garlic ..... 1 tsp (crushed)
Green or red chilli ... 1 (finely chopped )
(Mix all the ingredients together with a small whisk until the sugar is dissolved.)
1. Clean the shrimps and saute them in a pan using sesame oil preferably. Cool and set aside.
2. Cut all the mentioned vegetables into thin juliennes ..like matchsticks. Break the lettuce into small pieces.
3. Mix the vegetables and shrimps together and add the tempering of fish sauce and lime juice. I skipped the salt.
4. Take warm water in a flat dish and dip the rice paper for a few seconds turning the side carefully.
5. Place it on a clean kitchen towel and place the filling in the middle. Roll it like a spring roll.
6. Repeat the same with all the rolls one by one.
7. Cut the rolls or serve them whole with the dipping sauce.
Pin for later
wowo shobha very nicely done rollsReplyDelete
Thanks for liking MonuDelete
Delicious healthy paper rolls thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop. pinning.ReplyDelete
My pleasure always Swathi.. and thanks for liking :)Delete