This recipe has been inspired by my friend Sutapa's potato dish that she made for the potluck party event. I loved the way she had plated the baby potatoes in sate sticks. I have made the baby potatoes with a mint and coriander masala, as it is everyone's favourite at home.
Baby potatoes ... 12 (or as needed)
Garlic .... 1 tsp
Ginger ... 1 tsp
Coriander leaves ... handful
Mint leaves ..... few
Onion ....... 1 small
Tomato ..... 1 small
Turmeric powder ... 1/4 tsp
Cumin powder ...... 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder .. 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder .... 1/4 tsp (or more if you like )
Anardana powder .... 1/4 tsp (or amchoor powder)
Yogurt ...... 2 -3 tbsps
Salt ... to taste
Oil ...... 3-4 tbsps
1. Boil the baby potatoes until three-fourths done. Peel and set them aside.
2. Grind the garlic, ginger, coriander, mint, onion and tomato adding little water.
3. In a pan pour oil and saute the ground masal on low flame.
4. Tip in the spice powders and mix. Add the peeled potatoes.
5. Carefully saute and add a little water and simmer to cook.
6. Stir in the whisked yogurt and mix carefully taking care not to break the potatoes.
These can be served as a snack or with rotis.