Raw bananas ... 2-3 (or as needed)
Fresh coconut ... 1 tbsp (grated)
Sambar powder ... 1 tsp ( you can also add any podi instead )
Turmeric powder ... 1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds ... 1 tsp
Urad dal ............. 1 tsp
Curry leaves .... 1 sprig
Asafoetida ..... a pinch
Dry red chillies ... 1 -2 broken
Salt .... to taste
Lemon juice .. 1 tbsp
Oil ..... 1-2 tbsps
1. Peel and cut the raw banana into small pieces.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add the tempering ingredients ( asafoetida, mustard seeds, urad dal, dry red chillies and curry leaves)
3. When they crackle, add the chopped banana pieces and saute.
4. Add salt and turmeric powder. Sprinkle a little water to cook. Cover with a lid and leave on slow flame stirring once or twice.
5. When the bananas are cooked add the sambar powder or podi. Stir in the grated coconut.
6. Finally squeeze out the lime juice and mix.
Garnish with grated coconut.
very inviting and delicious poriyal !!ReplyDelete
very healthy n delicious fry..ReplyDelete
That last pic is soo irresistible, raw banana poriyal makes me drool..my mouth is just watering here.ReplyDelete
Thanks for likingDelete
must try this recipe poriyal looks good.I have used raw banana in bhajias and koftas but never as a dry preparation. Am always looking for new vegetable preparations to add to my weekly menu.ReplyDelete
Must try Mayuri.. this is a South Indian speciality.Delete
Delicious and healthy poriyal.. I love to have this with sambar..ReplyDelete
Me too Sona.. lovely comboDelete