Make tricolour puris on Independence day for the special menu. Knead the dough with grated carrots and spinach puree for the colours.
Wheat flour or maida - as needed
Grated carrots .. 1/4 cup
Spinach ....... 1 cup
Red chilli sauce .. 1 tbsp
Green chillies ... 1-2
Salt ... to taste
Oil ... to fry
1. Grate the carrots and add a little salt and chilli sauce.
2. Knead the dough adding this and a little oil.
3 Roll out puris and fry them.
4. Blanch the spinach leaves with green chillies. Drain the water and grind them.
5. Knead the second dough with this puree and a little oil and salt.
6. Roll out puris and fry them
7. Knead some plain dough for the white colour puris with a little oil and salt.
Roll out puris and fry them.
Serve them with red chilli garlic sauce, green chutney and curd
Linking to :
Breakfast Event @ - Cooking 4 all Seasons