Palak / spinach .... 1 bunch
Bea / beeha ....... 10-12 slices
Onion ..... 1
Tomato ..... 1
Green chillies ... 2-3
Ginger ...... 1 tsp (grated)
Garlic .... 1 tsp ( crushed) - you can add more too . It tastes better.
Turmeric powder .. 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Cumin powder ...... 1 tsp
Red chilli powder .. 1/4 tsp
Salt ... to taste
Oil .... 3-4 tbsps
1. Scrape the bea (lotus stem) wash well and cut slanting slices. Boil adding salt preferably in a pressure cooker.
2. Chop the palak and wash it well.
3. In a pan add oil and saute the sliced onion until translucent.
4. Add the ginge,r garlic, green chillies and tomato. Saute until tomato is cooked.
5. Now add the palak, salt and the dry spice powders mentioned.
6. Simmer it adding a little water until half done.
7. Now tip in the lotus stem slices and add a little water if needed.
8. Cook on very low flame stirring occasionally.
Serve with rotis.
Tip: If you like the garlic flavour add a tadka of crushed garlic wth a pinch of red chilli powder in the end before serving. It gives good colour and taste.