Rice ......... 1 cup
Paneer ..... 1/4 cup (cut into tiny cubes)
Cumin seeds or caraway seeds ... 1 tsp
Cinnamon .... 1 inch piece
Black cardamom .... 1
Green cardamoms ... 2-3
Bay leaf ....... 1-2
Salt .... to taste
Oil / ghee .. 1 tbsp or as needed.
1. Wash the rice and soak for 1 hour.
2. Fry the paneer pieces to a light golden colour. Set aside.
3. In a pan heat oil or ghee and add the whole spices except cumin / caraway seeds.
4. When they give out an aroma add the rice and saute. Add 2 cups water.
5. Season with salt and cook until 3/4 th done.
6. Tip in the fried paneer pieces.T
7. Heat a little ghee. Sprinkle the cumin / caraway seeds on the rice and pour hot ghee over them.
8. Keep on dum for a minute.