This creamy soup is very delicious and a treat for seafood lovers.
Shrimps .... 5-6
Scallops .. 5-6
Crab meat .. 2 tbsps
Celery ..... 1 (finely chopped)
Onion ... 1 small (finely chopped)
Butter ... 2 cups
Flour ... 1 tbsp
Milk ... 1 cup
Nutmeg .. a pinch
Black pepper .. 1/8 tsp
Salt ..... to taste
Any herbs or celery leaves ... finely chopped for garnishing.
Any stock .. 1 cup or more ( seafood or vegetable) You can use water if you don't have the stock.
1. Clean and cut all the seafood into pieces. ( use any seafood available)
2. Heat one tbsp butter in a pan and saute the seafood until the colour changes. Set aside.
3. In a pan heat the remaining butter and saute the onions and celery until translucent.
4. Tip in the flour and keep stirring until well blended.
5. Add the stock (about one and half cups ) and keep stirring to avoid lumps. Add salt.
6. Simmer for a minute and stir in the milk. Bring to a boil and add the fresh herbs or celery leaves and nutmeg.( keep the thickness of the soup as per your liking.)
7. Add freshly ground black pepper and serve hot.