This is a crunchy munchy snack not very sweet and is mostly made during festive season. Kids just love to munch these. I have made into round shape, a variation from the usual square or diamond shapes. You can also cut with any fancy cookie cutters for kids parties.
Flour .... 1 cup
Semolina .. 1 tbsp (optional)
Sugar ...... 3 tbsps ( as per your liking you may increase or decrease the quantity)
Salt .... a pinch
Ghee .... 2-3 tbsps
Water or milk .. to knead.
Oil .. for frying.
1. Mix the flour, semolina, sugar and salt together.
2. Make a well in the middle and add the melted ghee.
3. Mix it well and you know the quantity of ghee is right when the flour forms into a muthiya.
4. Knead it with milk or water adding little by little to make a medium soft dough. Cover the dough and rest it for half an hour to one hour.
5. Heat oil in a pan and roll out the dough.
6. Cut with a knife into square or diamond shape which is usually done or cut using a cookie cutter or a small round lid.
7. Deep fry on medium flame until they are crispy and golden brown.