Make these delicious crab cakes at home. These days crab meat is easily available in the market which makes it easier. I have made them Continental style. You can even make a Desi version with spices if you like.
Crab meat . 150 grms (wash it well using lemon juice using a strainer)
Onion ....... 2-3 tbsps (finely chopped) you can use spring onions too
Garlic ...... 1 tsp
Egg ........ 1
Worcestershire sauce .. 1 tsp
Mayonnaise .............. 1 tbsp
Chilli sauce ............. 1tsp
Bread crumbs ....... 5-6 tbsps ( or use crushed crackers)
Salt .... to taste
Oil .... to fry
1. In a pan heat a little oil and saute the garlic and onion.
2. Add the crab meat and stir fry for 4-5 minutes. Let it cool.
3. After it cools down add the salt, egg, bread crumbs and the sauces mentioned above.
4. Mix well and refrigerate it for 1 hour or more. (this makes it easy to handle)
5. Shape the cutlets and sprinkle bread crumbs on them.
6. Fry the cutlets to a golden brown colour.
Serve with tartar sauce .