Potatoes .... 2 medium sized
Onion ..... 1 small
Butter .... 2 tbsps (if you want to avoid butter you may use oil instead)
White flour ... 1 tbsp
Milk ......... 1 cup
Black pepper ... 1 pinch (add more if you like)
Salt ..... to taste
Cheese ... 1 tbsp (optional)
1. Heat one tbsp butter in a pressure cooker and saute the onions for half a minute.
2. Add the thinly chopped potatoes and a little salt. Saute and add one & half cups water.
3. Close the lid and cook for 3-4 whistles. ( you can cook in a pan too but add 2 cups water and simmer)
4. Meanwhile heat the remaining butter in a pan and saute the flour taking care not to make it brown.
5. Add the milk and keep stirring to avoid lumps. Mix a little cheese if you like.
6. Open the cooker and transfer the contents into the pan of white sauce.
7. Mash the potatoes a bit while stirring with the back of the ladle to give the thickness.
8. Check the salt and serve the soup with freshly ground black pepper and a little cheese.
You can serve it with garlic bread, herb & cheese toast, bread fingers.