Potatoes .... 2 medium sized
Onion ..... 1 small
Butter .... 2 tbsps (if you want to avoid butter you may use oil instead)
White flour ... 1 tbsp
Milk ......... 1 cup
Black pepper ... 1 pinch (add more if you like)
Salt ..... to taste
Cheese ... 1 tbsp (optional)
1. Heat one tbsp butter in a pressure cooker and saute the onions for half a minute.
2. Add the thinly chopped potatoes and a little salt. Saute and add one & half cups water.
3. Close the lid and cook for 3-4 whistles. ( you can cook in a pan too but add 2 cups water and simmer)
4. Meanwhile heat the remaining butter in a pan and saute the flour taking care not to make it brown.
5. Add the milk and keep stirring to avoid lumps. Mix a little cheese if you like.
6. Open the cooker and transfer the contents into the pan of white sauce.
7. Mash the potatoes a bit while stirring with the back of the ladle to give the thickness.
8. Check the salt and serve the soup with freshly ground black pepper and a little cheese.
You can serve it with garlic bread, herb & cheese toast, bread fingers.
YUMMY N CREAMY ONE..ReplyDelete
Yup.. very yummyDelete
looks tasty shobha never had potato soupReplyDelete
Aaj try karlo..Delete
Thank u shobhaji for this yumm recipe :)ReplyDelete
creamy appetizing soup....ReplyDelete
Yes dear.. thanksDelete
So rich and creamy soup! Thanks for sharing..ReplyDelete
Thanks for likingDelete
yummy and filling soup...ReplyDelete
Anu's Healthy Kitchen - Swiss Chard Chana Dal Masala Vada
Looks superb and nice clicksReplyDelete
A perfect comforting soup for the monsoons in Mumbai...ReplyDelete
True Nayana.. perfect oneDelete
so creamy soupReplyDelete
yummy and inviting dearReplyDelete
Thank you so muchDelete
Yummy.. and very nice.. Thanks for linking us..ReplyDelete
My pleasure PoojaDelete