This is a very popular chicken dish served in most of the restaurants in Brazil.( Pronounced as fil-lay day-Fraan-go Aa-say-bo-laa-doh ) It is a very bland dish with no spices. Those who prefer it spicier can add a dash of tabasco sauce or chilli flakes. Chicken fillets are marinated with salt and lemon and pan fried or grilled, served with a sauteed onion mayonnaise topping. You can also replace mayonnaise with worcestershire sauce.
Chicken fillets ... 4 (thin fillets)
Lemon juice ... 2 tbsps
Mayonnaise ... 3 tbsps OR ( 1tbsp worcestershire sauce)
Onions ....... 1 large ( cut into round slices and separated)
Garlic .... 1 tsp.
Black pepper ... a pinch
Oil .... as needed
1. Take thin fillets of chicken. Wash and remove the fat. ( If they are thick, slice them into two )
2. Marinate them with salt and lemon juice. Set aside for at least 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile heat a little oil in a pan and fry the onion adding gatlic and a little salt.
4. Fry to a golden brown colour.
5. Add the mayonnaise and half a cup of water.
6. Stir and simmer for a minute or until well blended and thick. Add the pepper or tabasco.
7. Pan fry the chicken with a little oil for 2-3 minutes on each side.( or grill it ) Spoon the topping on them and serve with any vegetable / salad of your choice.
I have served with broccoli stir-fried with garlic.
Wow! Looks delicious! I will definitely try this! :)ReplyDelete
Please do.. you will love itDelete
Thanks for liking divyaReplyDelete