Ever tried urad dal stuffed parathas... they are delicious somewhat like eating stuffed kachoris. Make them as spicy as you like them and enjoy with curd and pickle.
Urad dal .... 1 cup ( use the peeled and split one)
Wheat flour .. 2 cups or more as needed
Turmeric powder .. 1/4 tsp
Cumin powder .... 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder . 1/2 tsp
Garam masala ...... 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder .. 1/4 tsp
Amchoor powder .. 1/4 tsp
Coriander leaves .. finely chopped
Salt .... to taste
Oil or ghee for roasting.
1. Soak urad dal for 1-2 hours.
2. Wash it and cook with 1/4 cup water and a little salt. If needed sprinkle a little more water.The grains have to remain separate and not mushy.
3. Mix the spice powders mentioned above and coriander leaves. Set it aside to cool.
4. Meanwhile, knead the wheat flour with water adding a little salt and oil. Make a soft dough.
5. Roll out a roti to a puri size, apply a little oil and put a spoonful of dal in the center.
6. Gather the edges into a bundle and seal them with your fingers.
7. Roll out again carefully and lightly.
Serve hot with pickle and curd.
Pin for later
You may also like:
Papad ka Paratha
they must be yummy.. yummy parathas.. :) New one for me though.. :)ReplyDelete
Yes Sangeeta so tasty.Delete
it has come out very nice..ReplyDelete
delicious and inviting dearReplyDelete
Come and have them with me dearDelete
I make it with moong dal, have to try with urad dal now.ReplyDelete
I also tried for the first timeDelete
Very nice recipe and the spicing in filling is very different from the Bong one..So must try it , as soon as it becomes a bit cool in delhi
have a nice week ahead
Thanks for liking them Ushnish.. try them at your covenienceDelete
Thanks for linking dear..
delicious and tempting parathas...thanks for linking with us.ReplyDelete
Always a pleasureDelete
Perfect and well balanced dish one can have. Delicious and flavourful.ReplyDelete