Milk powder ... 6 cups
Sugar .............. 2 cups
Water ............. 4 cups
Ghee ............... 1/4 cup
Cardamom powder . 1 tsp
Saffron ........... 1/4 tsp
Pistachios .... handful (blanch and cut them for garnishing)
1. In a heavy bottomed or a non stick pan boil the sugar and water until it reduces to half.
2. Add the cardamom powder and saffron. Switch off the gas and let it cool.
3. Now stir in the milk powder and mix well or whisk it to remove the lumps.
4. Put it on the gas on medium flame and keep stirring until it becomes thick.While doing this add a spoonful of ghee 3-4 times.
5. When it starts leaving the sides switch off the gas. But still keep mixing with a ladle until it gets the chapati dough like consistency.
6. When the mawa cools down enough to handle it, grease your palms with ghee and take a small portion to make the peda. Make round balls and press the pistachio in the middle flattening it slightly.
Check out the recipe video