I had never tasted oysters until I came to Brazil..Fresh oysters can be taken raw too just with a squeeze of lemon juice. They have a nice earth flavours. This recipe is with garlic butter and herbs. Just spoon a little of this mix on the opened oysters and grill them .. They taste too good.
Oysters .... 6-8 ( slit open )
Butter or olive oil ... 2 tbsps
Garlic ..... 1/2 tsp (crushed)
Dry or fresh herbs... 1 tsp ( use any ... I have used Basil)
Lemon juice .... 1 tbsp
Black pepper .... freshly crushed 2-3 pinches (as much as you like )
Salt .... to taste
Sea salt and a few cloves... or use rice instead.( to make a bed )
1. Wash and slit open the oysters.
2. In a sauce pan heat oil or butter and saute the garlic. Add the herbs, black pepper and lemon juice and mix well. ( If the butter is salted then add very little salt accordingly)
3. Pre-heat the oven. In a baking tray spread the sea salt along with the cloves.
4. Place the oysters on the bed of salt and spoon the prepared mixture over them.
5. Grill them for 5-7 minutes.
Tip: If you are using butter you can mix the salt,herbs and pepper in the melted butter and refrigerate. Before grilling you can cut a small chunk of it and spoon on each oyster.
very nice idea for grilling...ReplyDelete
Anu's Healthy Kitchen - Broken Wheat, Oats, Almonds and Coconut Ladoo
Have never tried oysters.. Looks so interesting and tempting..ReplyDelete
Even I tried them for the first timeDelete