Batata Suica (pronounced - sui-sa) Swiss Potatoes...must've been adapted from a Swiss recipe.
Had this in a restaurant in Brazil recently. It was really delicious.... tasted like Hash Brown Potatoes with suffing. I asked chef for the recipe and he gladly explained to me how to make it. It can also be made with other fillings like shredded meat, sliced sausages or vegetables.
Potatoes ... 4-5 medium sized
Chicken ... 1 small fillet (boneless)
Cheese ..... 2 -3 tbsps. (grated)
Dry basil .... to sprinkle (my addition for extra flavor)
Salt ........... to taste
1. Half boil the potatoes. Peel and grate them on the thick side of the grater.
2. Boil the chicken adding salt and cut it into small pieces. Alternately you can grill the fillet and cut the pieces.
3. You require 2 flat pans of the same size. In one pan pour olive oil about (2 tbsps) and spread half of the grated potatoes.
4. Spread the chicken pieces and cheese. Also sprinkle the herbs of your choice. Spread the remaining potatoes and a little salt on top.
5. Roast it on medium/low flame for 2-3 minutes, pressing with a spatula.
6. Pour oil again in another pan and carefully flip the other side into it.
7. Roast the other side also pressing with a spatula.
Serve hot with crushed pepper/chilli flakes/tabasco.