A perfect tea-time treat !
Flour / maida .... 1 cup
Carrots (grated) ... 1 & 1/2 cups
Sugar .................. 1 cup
Eggs .............. 2
Olive oil .............. 2/3 cup (you may use any vegetable oil or butter also)
Nuts (crushed)... 1/2 or 2/3 cups (walnuts, pistachios, almonds)
(You may use raisins instead or both)
Baking powder .... 1 tsp
Baking soda ........ 1 tsp
Cinnamon powder.... 1 tsp
Nutmeg powder ....... a pinch
Milk ............ 3-4 tbsps
Salt ........ 1/2 tsp
1. Pre-heat the oven.
2. Mix the flour with baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Strain together to mix everything well.
3. Blend the oil, eggs and sugar until smooth and creamy.
4. Add the flour little by little while blending until you use the whole thing. Add a little milk to get the right consistency.
5. Stir in the crushed nuts or raisins. You may use both but the quantity together should not exceed 2/3 cups.
6. Grease a cake tin and pour the batter. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 30 - 45 minutes or until done.
PS. The time always varies in different ovens. You should check the cake by inserting a toothpick. if it comes out dry the cake is done.
When you bake regularly you just know by looking at the cake when it is done. Enjoy it with a hot cup of tea.
Check out the video
Pin for later
Check out these healthy carrot recipes of my fellow bloggers from the group , "Bloggers Circle of Friends "
1. Citrus Spice and Travels (Nayna kanabar ) - Carrot Soup
2. Batter Up With Sujata (Sujata Roy) - Carrot Sandesh
3. The Mad Scientist's Kitchen (Archana Gunjikar Potdar) - Carrot and Orange Granita
4. Two Pl,us Dogs (Melanie Varey) - Carrot and Chickpea Tagine
drool-worthy cake.. healthy choice..ReplyDelete
healthy cake indeed..ReplyDelete
Thank you Srividhya ..Delete
healthy cake.....adding olive oil makes it even more healthier :)ReplyDelete
Yes Kavitha.. even I tried it for the first time ..Delete
The recipe for this carrot cake is very similar to what my wife uses to make her banana bread...she doesn't use butter, but olive oil instead. I can't tell the difference...tastes delicious to me.
Love carrot cake. I hope you have saved me at least a couple of slices! (LOL) Nice presentation as always. Thanks for sharing.
Don't forget Blog Hop Saturday! coming up this weekend. Linky will open 5:00pm on Friday.
Goddess Of Fantasy
Thanks Andy.. will try that too ..Delete
Very tempting and healthy cakeReplyDelete
Looks delicious and healthy.... i would suggest date sugar to make it even healthier (khajoor ka gud) ...!ReplyDelete
Ok.. will try it out..Delete
Fantastic cake, love bakes with olive oil..ReplyDelete
Healthy and yummy cake..ReplyDelete
Shabbu's Tasty Kitchen
Thank you ShabbuDelete
very healthy combination.. looks so yummy..ReplyDelete
Super delicious cakeReplyDelete
superb cake recipe.. yummReplyDelete
Thank you :)Delete
waw... this looks very nice! want to try them soonReplyDelete
Do try it out !Delete
beautiful and healthy cake,yummy!!ReplyDelete
Ongoing Events of Erivum Puliyum @ Palakkad Chamayal-Fenugreek Leaves OR Green Chillies
Healthy and tasty cake. Thx for linking.ReplyDelete
Event: Kid's Delight
Event: Only Vegan
Looks so yummy n healthy.ReplyDelete
Thanks Vardhini ..Delete
wow..the cake loooks very soft and perfect,,,yummm!!ReplyDelete
Yes.. and healthy too..ThanksDelete
Looks delicious. I love carrot cake but never tried baking it. I like the idea of using olive oil rather than butter.ReplyDelete
Yes Mina, even I tried with olive oil for the first time.Delete
I only tried carrot cake for the first time last year and I have been missing out. I love it!ReplyDelete
Me too... tried for the first time.Delete
delicious, soft and healthy carrot cake.ReplyDelete
Thanks Mayuri >.Delete
Thanks a lotReplyDelete