Flour / maida .... 1 cup
Carrots (grated) ... 1 & 1/2 cups
Sugar .................. 1 cup
Eggs .............. 2
Olive oil .............. 2/3 cup (you may use any vegetable oil or butter also)
Nuts (crushed)... 1/2 or 2/3 cups (walnuts, pistachios, almonds)
(You may use raisins instead or both)
Baking powder .... 1 tsp
Baking soda ........ 1 tsp
Cinnamon powder.... 1 tsp
Nutmeg powder ....... a pinch
Milk ............ 3-4 tbsps
Salt ........ 1/2 tsp
1. Pre-heat the oven.
2. Mix the flour with baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Strain together to mix everything well.
3. Blend the oil, eggs and sugar until smooth and creamy.
4. Add the flour little by little while blending until you use the whole thing. Add a little milk to get the right consistency.
5. Stir in the crushed nuts or raisins. You may use both but the quantity together should not exceed 2/3 cups.
6. Grease a cake tin and pour the batter. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 30 - 45 minutes or until done.
PS. The time always varies in different ovens. You should check the cake by inserting a toothpick. if it comes out dry the cake is done.
When you bake regularly you just know by looking at the cake when it is done. Enjoy it with a hot cup of tea.
Check out these healthy carrot recipes of my fellow bloggers from the group , "Bloggers Circle of Friends "
1. Citrus Spice and Travels (Nayna kanabar ) - Carrot Soup
2. Batter Up With Sujata (Sujata Roy) - Carrot Sandesh
3. The Mad Scientist's Kitchen (Archana Gunjikar Potdar) - Carrot and Orange Granita
4. Two Pl,us Dogs (Melanie Varey) - Carrot and Chickpea Tagine