Crispy and crunchy chicken puffs- a perfect tea time snack.
Puff Pastry dough .. bought from the store.
Egg white ....... for glazing
For the Chicken filling:
Chicken fillet ... 100 gms
Onion ....... 1 sliced
Garlic paste ... 1 tsp
Ginger paste ... 1 tsp
Coriander powder ... 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder ........ 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder .... 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder ..... 1/2 tsp
Garam masala .......... 1/2 tsp
Salt ......................... to taste
Oil ................ 2 -3 tbsps
Coriander leaves ... handful
Lemon juice ......... 2-3 tbsps
1. Clean the chicken and dice it into very thin strips. You can do it easily while it is a bit frozen.(alternately you can mince it coarsely in a food processor)
2. Marinate the chicken with lime juice and all the dry spice powders mentioned above.(at least for 1 hour)
3. In a pan heat oil and saute the ginger garlic. Add the sliced onion and fry for a minute.
4. Now tip in the marinated chicken and fry till the colour changes. Simmer until done. You may not require any water as the chicken is finely shredded and it cooks very fast.
5. Add the chopped coriander leaves.
To make the puffs:
1. Take the puff pastry dough. Cut out into rectangles of any desired size.
2. Spoon the chicken filling on one part. Apply a little water on the edges and fold the other part. Press the edges lightly to seal them.
3. Brush the top with egg white.
4. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 20 minutes or until they are crisp and done.
these are in my hit list for long time.. never had time to prepare it.. could i just grab one piece :)ReplyDelete
Now u must surely make themDelete
Quick and so tasty!ReplyDelete
Yes.. they are !Delete
You're making my mouth water and it's only breakfast time! I can imagine these would taste great either hot or cold. Every time I visit your blog, I swear I gain weight...too much good food! LOL
Thanks for this mouth-watering recipe.
Emotions Of Poetry
Ha ha .. Andy you are really funny..jokes apart. Thank you so much for always appreciating and liking my dishes.Delete
hi shobha, this is great! i always want to learn the ingredients of spicy chicken puffs. if its from you i know its delicious.. bookmarked with thanks. have a nice dayReplyDelete
Glad that you are getting to learn new ingredients and dishesDelete
Hi Shobha ,ReplyDelete
Neat presentation as usual Shobha ...
Keep on Dear:)
never tried puffs at home...looks lovely..ReplyDelete
Aren't they ?Delete
They taste nice and crispy
Wow this is awesome looking... Perfectlly made chicken puffs... U rock dearReplyDelete
Thank you so much AkilaDelete
it is evening and snack time.. I wish I had one of thoseReplyDelete
You can have them dearDelete
Awesome chicken puffs. will try this one.ReplyDelete
- Meg's Delicious Adventures
this looks very very delicious. lovely puffReplyDelete
Never tried chicken puffs at home...ReplyDelete
your looks so perfect...
You must BhavnaDelete
Oh dear could u pls pass me dat plate.. Looks invitingReplyDelete
All yours.. most welcomeDelete
Super delicious puff,feel like grabbing it.....ReplyDelete
Thanks.. they look yummy na ?Delete
That looks yum! This is my first time here and love how versatile your space is. ihave puff pastry waiting to be used and i think i know what i'm going to do with it now! Thanks for sharing!ReplyDelete
Wow.. what are you waiting for then ?Delete
Ready steady go .. ha ha
The puffs are simply inviting and such a yummy one !ReplyDelete
Mmm... lovely these puffs. Look crunchy and very yummy!ReplyDelete
Hi Shobha ,ReplyDelete
One request Shobha , in my blog , you have to click cabbage curry URL. It'll go to Lavanya's recipe 's guest post. There you have to drop your comment for my guest post Shobha . Thank you , Keep on...
Sure, will do that right away.Delete
You have a lovely space and glad to be your follower...ReplyDelete
Do visit my space when you find time...
Thank you so much and welcome to my space KavithaDelete
Love Chicken Puffs....ReplyDelete
Me too :)Delete
delicious!.......love the way you've done them.ReplyDelete
Thanks for likingDelete
what a coincidence, i've been thinking of this food just earlier..and then i saw your post...ReplyDelete
thanks for the recipe!
Ha ha .. gr8 minds think alike :)Delete
you hav a lovely space...just luv try your receipes..will bookmark it.will follow regularlyReplyDelete