Sardines ... 2 cans
Garlic ...... 3-4 cloves
Tomatoes ... 2
Maggi cube ... 1
Oregano ...... 1 tsp
Tomato paste .. 1 tbsp
Parsley ............ handful
Corn meal .... 2 cups
Boiled eggs ... 2 + 1 (one for garnishing)
Palmito ..... few pieces (pickled palm)
Chilli sauce ....... 1 tbsp
Salt ........... to taste
Oil ... as needed.
Olives .... few
Boiled corn kernels - handful
Boiled green peas .. handful
1. Heat oil in a pan and saute the chopped onions and garlic.
2. Add the chopped tomatoes and the maggi cube.
3. Saute until the tomatoes are cooked.
4. Add about 3 and 1/2 to 4 cups of water.
5. When it starts to boil add the salt, tomato paste, chilli sauce, sardines, palmito pieces, few olives chopped and boiled egg pieces.
6. Stir carefully.
7. Now add the corn meal and continue to stir until it reaches a thick creamy consistency.
8. You can remove it in a serving dish and garnish with the sliced egg, olives, sardines and tomato slices.
Alternately you can also use a ring mould. First grease it and place egg slices, sardines,few olives and palmito pieces green peas and corn kernels ..Spoon the cooked cornmeal mix evenly and let it set for a while. Un mould this into a serving plate and cut into pieces for serving.
This dish can be eaten cold or warm. You can warm it up in a microwave.