This dish is a treat for lovers of spicy Oriental food.
Prawns ... 250 gms .
Bell peppers/capsicums ... red, yellow and green (1/4 cup of each, cut into cubes)
Onion ..... 1 small ( cut into cubes)
Ginger .... 1 inch piece (jullienned)
Garlic ..... 1 tbsp (crushed)
Red chillies (fresh)... 6 (you can increase or decrease the number as per your taste)
Tomato puree ......... 2 tbsps. (optional, I just add for the rich red colour)
Red wine vinegar ..... 1 tbs
Soy sauce ............... 1 tbsp.
Ajinomotto ............ 2-3 pinches (optional, as some people are allergic to it))
Salt .................... to taste
Corn starch(corn flour) ...... 1/2 tsp.
Oil ..... sesame or any other (2-3 tbsps)
1. De-vein the prawns, wash them well and set aside.
2. Grind the red chillies with tomato puree and vinegar into a paste.
3. In a wok, heat the oil and saute the julienned ginger and the crushed garlic.
4. Add the prawns and saute them until they change the colour to pink.(about 4-5 minutes)
5. Now add the chilli paste, salt, ajinomotto and soy sauce. Saute for 2 minutes and tip in the cubed onions and bell peppers.
6. Stir fry until the veggies are just crunchy but not over cooked.
7. Mix the corn starch in water and stir into the prawns. Simmer for half a minute.
Serve hot with plain rice, fried rice or noodles.
I served with fried rice.
Click -HERE - for fried rice recipe.
Very nice recipe,luks delicious...ReplyDelete
Quiet colorful and wonderful recipe !!!!ReplyDelete
Thank you so much SravsDelete
Delicious prawns,too tempting.ReplyDelete
Nice and yummy curry..ReplyDelete
Thank you PriyaDelete
Tempting prawns,so yum..makes me hungryReplyDelete
Prawns are my favourite too SujaDelete
Super delicious side dish for fried rice, loving it..ReplyDelete
Yes, a nice comboDelete
hi shobha, to me, prawns with spicy gravy is very appetizing for my palate. bookmarked with thanks.ReplyDelete
never tried adding tomato puree before. have a nice day
Must try this one.Delete
Gosh!! thts really tempting. I loved the bright colours too :)ReplyDelete
Thanks for liking TeenaDelete
looks yummy, loved the colorsReplyDelete
Yes, the bell peppers add to the presentation.Delete
Very yummy curry. Loved the colored peppersReplyDelete
Thanks Vimitha.. I think everyone is attracted to the colourful bell peppersDelete
Very delicious prawns!ReplyDelete
ONGOING EVENT- "Mint & Coriander seeds" (EP Series-Apr)
looks super tempting...loved the color tooReplyDelete
Thank u GloriaDelete