Prawns ... 200 gms
Rice noodles .. 75 gms
Laksa paste ... 1 tbsp
Coconut milk ..1 cup
Bean sprouts ... half cup (long sprouts)
Snow peas .... 5-6 (cut diagonally)
Spring onion ... 1 stem (use the white part)
Coriander leaves .... handful (you can also use basil leaves )
Fish sauce .... 1 tbsp
Salt ... to taste
Sugar ... 1 tsp
Lemon wedges ... for garnishing
Oil ..... 2 tbsps (sesame or peanut oil preferably)
See home made laksa paste recipe - HERE
1. Take water in a pot. Add salt. When it starts boiling tip in the rice noodles. After one boil remove from the gas. Cover it and leave for 10 - 15 minutes. The noodles will be done.
2. Strain the noodles and run under cold water to keep them separate.
3. Heat sesame oil in a pan and add the cleaned prawns. You may leave the tails intact if you like.
4. Saute for a minute until they change colour.
5. Now add the laksa paste and saute.
6. Add the snow peas and spring onion strips.
7. Add 3 cups of water and simmer for few minutes until the prawns are done.
8. Now add the coconut milk.
9. Season with salt, sugar and fish sauce. Add salt carefully as the laksa paste and fish sauce contain salt already.
10. For serving take rice noodles in individual plates. Pour the prepared laksa soup with prawns.
11. Garnish with bean sprouts, coriander leaves and lemon wedges.
Makes two large servings as a main course.