This is a delicious one pot meat that can be relished without any side dish. It does not take a very long time to cook as the prawns get cooked very fast. Use medium sized prawns for this preparation.
Prawns .... 250 grms
Basmati rice .. 2 cups
Onion .......... 1 large
Tomato ....... 1
Green chillies .... 2
Ginger ......... 1 inch piece (grated)
Garlic ........ 1 tbsp (crushed)
Bay leaves .... 1-2
Cloves ......... 4-5
Green cardamoms ... 4-5
Cinnamon stick ..... 1 piece
Turmeric powder .. 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder ... 1/4 tsp
Garam masala powder .. 1/2 tsp
Mint leaves ... few
Yogurt ...... 2 tbsps
Lemon juice .. 2 tbsps
Salt ......... to taste
Oil ... 5-6 tbsps (plus a little desi ghee if preferrred)
1. Clean the prawns and marinate them with yogurt, lemon juice and salt. Wash the rice and soak it.
2. In a pan heat the oil and add the mentioned whole spices. When they leave out a nice aroma tip in the sliced onion and fry until golden brown in colour.
3. Add the chopped tomato, ginger, garlic and a little water. Simmer until it is cooked.
4. Now add the marinated prawns and saute until the water from the prawns dries up.
5. Now add 4 cups of water.
6. Add the slit green chillies, mint leaves and the spice powders. Add salt as needed.
7. Bring to a boil and tip in the soaked rice.
8. Cook until three fouth done. Reduce the flame to low and keep the pan covered for dum.
You can add a spoonful of desi ghee / clarified butter if you like.
Well explained,will try.ReplyDelete
It looks nice.
Looks very delicious!ReplyDelete
Perfect one pot mealReplyDelete
Yes Amrita.. I love prawns a lot :)Delete
Yummy pulao....quick n easy to follow recipe.ReplyDelete
It is so difficult to resist making and eating this after looking at the picture and recipe. Nothing can beat Prawn Biryani. Can't wait to make. Thanks for sharing Shobha.ReplyDelete
I totally agree with you Sarah.. prawns are irresistible.Delete
looks mouthwatering,one pot meal :)ReplyDelete
wow looks very nice :) well explained biryaniReplyDelete