Recipe Courtesy - Shubha Dixit.
Radish ... 1 large (grated)
Spinach .. 1 cup (finely chopped)
Coriander leaves .. 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
Mint leaves ... few (optional )
Green chillies .. 2 -3 split
Mustard seeds ... 1 tsp
Asafoetida ... a generous pinch
Curry leaves .. few
Garlic .... 1 tbsp (crushed )
Turmeric powder .. 1/8 tsp
Coriander powder .. 1 tsp
Amchoor powder ... 1/4 tsp
Garam masala powder .. 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder .. 1/8th tsp
Salt ... to taste
Oil ... 6-7 tbsps
1. Wash and scrape the radish. Grate it coarsely. mix salt and set aside.
2. Cut all the greens finely.
3. When you are ready to make the sabzi, squeeze out the water from the grated radish and mix all the greens.
4. In a flat bottomed pan heat 4-5 tbsps oil and add the mustard seeds and asafoetida.
5. When it crackles tip in the curry leaves and slit green chillies.
6. Add the radish with greens and saute.
7. Keep adding the mentioned spice powders one by one white sauteing. Add salt carefully as we have already added some to the radish.
8. When the water from the radish completely dries up and the colour becomes slightly golden it is almost don.
9. Now heat the remaining oil in a small pan and add the crushed garlic. When it becomes light brown and crisp remove from the gas and add a small pinch of red chilli powder and immediately stir it into the sabzi.
i love this any day:) great recipe:)ReplyDelete
Easy and quick recipe, love it!ReplyDelete
haven't tried this before but seriously in love with it <3ReplyDelete
Yes Monu.. I loved it too when my friend made it.. so I quickly tried it outDelete
Sounds like a wonderful side dish, will try this out soon!ReplyDelete
Make and enjoy!Delete