Here is a very nice and innovative idea of relishing your apples for a change. It makes a simple and quick dessert for your unexpected guests.and you can also serve these slices with a scoop of vanilla ice cream if desired. I love the cinnamon flavour so I have added a little. You may substitute it with any flavour of your choice like nutmeg, cardamom, chocolate or even add crushed nuts.
Apple .. 1
Butter ... 2 tbsps
For the Sauce:
Butter ... 1 tbsp
Honey or sugar .. 2 tbsps
Milk ............ 4-5 tbsps
Cinnamon powder .. 2-3 pinches
1. Make thin and round slices of the apple along with the skin using a slicer.
2. In a pan heat the butter and fry the slices turning them until they get a golden colour.
3. To make the sauce heat the butter and add the honey or sugar and the milk and stir it until it becomes thicker like a sauce.
4. Add the cinnamon powder and mix.
5. Now arrange the fried apple slices one on top of the other. You can fix them with a satay stick if you like.
6. Pour the buttery sauce over them and serve.
Recipe adapted from - You Too Can Cook