There is a large number of Chinese settlers in Peru and you will find similarities in some of the Peruvian dishes. I had the chance of learning and tasting some of them during my visit to Lima where I took the Gourmet Tour. Chefs gave a demo of a few popular dishes and this was one of them. Yellow chilli sauce is added to flavour most of the dishes which makes them spicy and tangy.
Cooked rice ... 2 cups
Eggs ... 2
Sesame oil ... 2 tbsps
Spring onions .. 5-6
Red bell pepper .... 1 (diced)
Ginger .... 1 inch piece julienned
Cooked chicken or any meat ... 1/2 cup
Soy sauce .... 1 tbsp
Salt ... to taste
Yellow chilli sauce .. 1 tsp (Peruvian Sauce ) See recipe - HERE
1. Heat oil in a frying pan. Whisk the eggs with a little salt and make a thin omelette. Cut it into strips and set aside.
2. Heat the remaining oil in the pan and add the white part of the spring onion and ginger.
3. Add the diced red pepper and saute for 2-3 minutes.
4. Now tip in the cooked chicken or meat pieces and the boiled rice.
5. Add the sauces and the green part of the spring onions and saute until heated through.
6. Garnish with egg strips and red bell pepper strips. and serve hot..