This is the first time I have tried making squid masala in Indian style inspired by Divya's recipe fron You Too Can Cook .. usually I had it fried or grilled always.
Here goes the recipe.
Squids ... 500 gms
Coconut ... 1/4 cup
Ginger ... 1 inch piece
Garlic ... few pieces
Cumin seeds .. 1 tsp
Red chilli powder .. 1 tsp
Turmeric powder .. 1/4 tsp
Garam masala powder .. 1/2 tsp
Salt .. to taste
Oil .. 3-4 tbsps
For tempering :
Mustard seeds .. 1/2 tsp
Red chillies ... 1-2 broken
Curry leaves ... few
1. Cut the squid into pieces and marinate with salt and turmeric powder.
2. Pressure cook them with 2 cups of water for 3-4 whistles. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile grind the coconut, ginger, garlic and cumin seeds to a paste adding water as required to make a thick paste.
4. In a kadai or pan add the oil and the tempering ingredients.
5. When they crackle add the squid pieces along with the water.
6. Stir in the ground paste and add the salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and garam masala powder.
7. Simmer for a couple of minutes. If you like to have more gravy to serve with rice then add water accordingly.
Watch the recipe video
Pin for later
You may also like:
Fried Squid (Calamari)
Looks so tasty!ReplyDelete
squid looks fabulousReplyDelete
delicious squid masala...ReplyDelete
Very tasty yummy recipeReplyDelete