Raw mangoes .... 7-8 (about 5-6 cups cut pieces)
Garlic (crushed or whole ) 12 - 15 pieces
Red chilli powder .. 3/4 th cup
Mustard seed powder ..... 1/2 cup
Methi seeds powder ...... 2 tbsps
Turmeric powder ...... 4 tbsps
Salt ....... about 1/4 cup (it helps to preserve the pickle too)
Asafoetida ... 1 tsp
Sesame oil .... 1 and 1/2 to 2 cups
1. Wash the mangoes and wipe them with a cloth. Cut them into small bite size pieces.
2. Sprinkle a little salt and spread them on a cloth. Dry them for a day or two if you have the facility or else you can leave it inside the house for few hours.
3. Lightly dry roast the mustard and methi seeds and grind them.
4. Now mix all the spice powders together and also the salt.
5. Heat oil in a pan to a smoking point and switch off the gas.
6. Add the crushed or whole garlic and asafoetida in the oil when it cools down a bit.
7. Let the oil cool down completely.
8. Mix the spice powders and mango pieces together. If making a large quantity you can layer them in the jar.
9. Pour the oil and shake it well to mix. If you want to stir it use a wooden spoon.
10. Keep the jar in the sunlight everyday for the pickle to mature.
Store it in the refrigerator when it is ready.
lovely pot, love the pickle tooReplyDelete
Thanks a lot LinsyDelete