Arroz a Grega is Brazilian style vegetarian fried rice with raisins and assorted vegetables like carrots, broccoli, spring onion, parsley, bell peppers etc etc.. add any veggies of your choice. Some like to add grated parmesan cheese before serving. However it can be optional and you may skip if you don't like.
Cooked rice ... 3 cups
Raisins ....... handful
Carrots ...... 1/4 cup (chopped into pieces and parboiled)
Broccoli ... 1/4 cup (cut into small pieces and parboiled)
Bell peppers ... 1/4 cup (diced)
Parsley .......... handful (chopped finely)
Spring onions .. 1-2 (chopped finely)
Oil or butter .... 2-3 tbsps
Parmesan cheese ... 1 tbsp (optional)
Salt ..... as needed
1. Cook the rice adding salt and set aside.
2. In a pan melt the butter or take oil and fry the raisins first. Then add the spring onions, parsley and diced bell peppers (capsicums)
3. Saute them a little and add the parboiled carrots and broccoli pieces.
4. Stir in the cooked rice and the grated parmesan cheese.
5. Mix well and serve immediately.
Pin for later
You may also like:
Strogonoff de Frango