Try out these delicious egg less buns stuffed with pav bhaji.. good tea time snack..
They are also perfect for lunch box/ picnic basket / travels
Try out these buns stuffed with flavourful filling of spicy vegetable mix.
(For the dough)
White flour......... 2 cups
Fresh yeast ...... 1 tablet/cube
Salt .................... 1 tsp.
Sugar ................. 2 tsp.
Ghee .................. 2 tsp.
Luke warm water for kneading (you can also use water+milk)
For the filling:
Carrots ..............1/2 cup (finely chopped)
Potato ................ 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
Green peas ....... 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
Beans ..............1/2 cup (finely chopped)
Onion ................ 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
Ginger-garlic paste ...... 1 tbsp.
Turmeric powder ......... 1/4 tsp.
Garam masala ................ 1 tsp.
Pav-Bhaji masala ........... 1 tbsp.
Salt to taste
1. In a pan, saute the ginger-garlic paste. Add onion and stir fry.
2. Add all the chopped vegetables, salt and stir fry for a minute.
3. Add the spices, sprinkle little water and simmer till done.(it should be dry)
Let it cool
4. Take the white flour, make a well in the middle.Put only sugar and break the yeast on top of the sugar.
5. Sprinkle the salt on the side (there should be no contact between salt and yeast)
6. Now take water and milk, (make sure the water is not HOT. just luke warm) pour it on the yeast, mix well and knead it, adding the ghee.
7.Knead the dough well for 3-4 minutes (preferably on the kitchen platform, using both hands)and keep it in a covered dish in a warm place till it is risen to double.
(about 15-20 minutes in summer ... in winter it takes a little longer)
8. Now take a small portion of the dough, roll it (do not use dry flour to roll ..if needed use oil with finger tip)
9. Place the filling in the middle and close it.
10. Place the stuffed buns on a greased baking tray, leaving enough space beween each.
11. Leave them in the oven again for 15-20 minutes to rise.(brush them with egg-white if desired (vegetarians can use milk),this gives a glossy look when ready)
11.Now bake them in the pre-heated oven ( 250 C ) It takes 15-17 minutes.
(If you have not used egg-white to brush, you may brush them with ghee after they are baked and still hot.)
ahhhh, mummmmmm, wow....!!!ReplyDelete
You are so creative and imaginative in preparing your recipies...!!
and just wonderful presentation...with step-by-step method and visual pics.
I will have these buns with a cup of hot tea...
Delicious stuffed loaf Shobha I think I have a wonderful breakfast idea!ReplyDelete
Wow.. I am so impressed here.. love ur work.. definitely bookmarked !ReplyDelete
Thanks for the compliment Mehjabeen :)Delete
Thankyou for this lovely recipe and linking it up with Lets cook for barbecues and picnics event@ simply.foodReplyDelete
My pleasure :)Delete
very nice!!!!!!!!!nice step by step pics too.ReplyDelete
Stuffed buns looks delicious.
If you are interested please join me at my first solo event.
Thanks Swathi .. will check it out :)Delete
Delicious!! Loved the filling Shobha!ReplyDelete
Thank you :)Delete
Oh yummy.. Thnx for linking this up. I love the stuffed buns, hot from the oven.. Ohh, nice snack for evening chai.ReplyDelete
Thanks for liking :)Delete
lovely pav bhaji rollsReplyDelete
i still hvnt got confidence to try out these and plus i dont hv space to put tray for buns
so wonder if i do try how wud i do it
Thanks Meena .. do try them out.:)Delete
Oh wow that looks SO yummy!ReplyDelete
These buns looks so tasty and tempting..:) Thnx for linking it to IWS :) you are very honest paticipent .ReplyDelete
Thanks Jagruti :)Delete
Hi....any idea where I can get fresh yeast from? Only thing available seems to be solar dry active yeast....would really appreciate your help on this as I'm so keen to try out the recipeReplyDelete
Where do you live ?
Abroad we get fresh yeast easily...you will find it in the butter section..
In India you have to get it from bakeries..some of the stores also have it.
Temperature for baking?ReplyDelete
Shweta, 250 CDelete
Thank you dear :)ReplyDelete
Nice work. Kids will love this bunsReplyDelete
Yes Usha.. I am sure they will.. :)Delete