This is a very simple recipe of kulfi made with milk powder. I prefer using milk powder to make desserts because the process is easier and takes lesser time. We get a nice creamy texture like rabri which sets very well.
Milk powder ... 2 cups
Water ......... 6 cups
Sugar ....... 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder .. 1/4 tsp
Saffron ... 8-10 strands
Pistachios .... 1 tbsp crushed ( quantity depends on how much you like.)
Ice cream sticks ( wash them with water before using )
1. Mix the milk powder in the water and bring it to a boil. Half way through add the saffron.
2. Simmer it and keep stirring until it becomes half the quantity and thick.
3. Add the sugar and cardamom powder when it is three-fourth done.
4. Add the crushed pistachios and continue simmering and stirring until thick (rabri like consistency)
5. Pour in the kulfi moulds and keep for setting in the freezer.
6. After 10 - 15 minutes when the kulfis are half set insert the sticks into the kulfis and let them set.
You can sprinkle a little pistachio powder on the kulfis before serving if you like.