Pumpkin ... 200 gms
Onion ...... 1 small
Garlic ..... 2 -3 pods (crushed)
Basil ..... few leaves ( if you don't have fresh basil you can add 1 tsp of any dry herbs)
Salt ..... to taste
Olive oil ... 1 tbsp
Vegetable stock or water
Lemon juice .
Crushed chilli flakes for garnishing.
1. Peel and cut the pumpkin into cubes. ( you can use the pureed pumpkin from the can too)
2. In a pressure cooker, add the oil and saute the garlic and onion to a golden colour.
3. Now tip in the pumpkin pieces and the herbs.
4. Add sufficient water or vegetable stock and cook until done.
5. Blend it with a hand grinder or a mixer. Add the salt and pepper. (and any other seasoning if you like)
6. You can serve with a squeeze of lemon juice and add croutons too if you like.
Sprinkle crushed chilli flakes and serve.