Corn kernels .. 3-4 tbsps
Tamarind ....... lemon sized
Coriander leaves .. 1 cup
Curry leaves .... few
Peppercorns .... 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds ... 1/2 tsp
Garlic ...... 2-3 cloves
Rasam powder ..... 1 tsp
Turmeric powder ... 1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds .... 1/4 tsp
Salt .... to taste
Oil ..... 2 tbsps
Water ... 3-4 cups or as needed.
1. Soak the tamarind in water and set aside for 1 hour. Mash it and extract the pulp.
2. Grind together coarsely :
3. Heat oil in a pan add the mustard seeds.
4. When they crackle add the ground mixture and saute for a few seconds.
5. Add the water, tamarind extract and the rasam powder, salt and turmeric powder.
6. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 4-5 minutes.
Pin for later
You may also like:
First time here. Lovely space. Above all i like the dinging.ReplyDelete
Thanks hema :)Delete
This is a very different kind of rasam I came across will try it sometime :)ReplyDelete
Recent Post Rajasthani Laal Maas
Must try dearDelete
looks like a flavourful rasamReplyDelete
nice tangy rasam. Nice bowl too..ReplyDelete
Thanks for likingDelete
That's a different rasam, looks delicious!ReplyDelete
Wow... what an idea Shobha. Will definitely give it a try!!!ReplyDelete
wow! nice interesting combo .. looks yumReplyDelete
A different rasam ,looks too goodReplyDelete