Cream of chicken soup made with just few ingredients.... quite filling and healthy option for a light lunch. You can serve it with soup sticks or garlic bread.
Chicken ..... 100 grams
Spring onions .... 2-3
Flour / maida ...... 1 tbsp
Butter or oil .... 1 tbsp
Black pepper .. 1/8 th tsp
Salt ... to taste.
1. Boil the chicken adding a little salt. Strain the water for the soup and cut the chicken into small pieces. Set aside.
2. In a pan melt the butter and add the finely chopped spring onion bulbs. (save the green part for garnishing) .
3. Saute for half a minute and tip in the flour. Stir fry again for half a minute more and add the chicken stock.
4. Keep stirring to avoid lumps. Add the chicken pieces, salt and black pepper and bring to a boil.
5. Simmer until it thickens.
6. Garnish with finely chopped onion greens.
Note: you can also add milk and any other tempering if you like.