Here is another chicken recipe that is so simple to cook and yet delicious..
Chicken ... 500 gms
Onions ..... 1 large
Tomato .... 1 large or 2 small
Green chillies ... 1-2
Coriander leaves .. handful
Cinnamon stick .. 1 piece
Cloves ..... 3-4
Black cardamom ... 1
Turmeric powder .. 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder .. 1/2 tsp
Salt ........... to taste
Oil / ghee ..... 2-3 tbsps
For marination :
Garlic paste .. 1 tbsp
Ginger paste .. 1 tbsp
Yogurt ..... 1 cup
Nutmeg powder ... 2 pinches
Chicken masala ... 2 tsps ( I use Badshah or Shan )
Salt ....... 1 tsp
Mint leaves .. handful - crushed or 1 tbsp dried mint
1. Clean the chicken and marinate with the ingredients mentioned in the second list. Set it aside for few hours.
2. In a pan heat ghee and add the whole spices. Tip in the sliced onions and fry until golden brown,
3. Now add the chopped tomato and saute until they are crushed.
4. Add the marinated chicken pieces and stir fry until you get a nice brown colour.
5. Now add 2 cups of water. If you want a drier version add little less water.
6. Add the spice powders and check the salt. Add carefully as we added salt to the marination.
7. Simmer to cook. (about 15 - 20 minutes )
Garnish with coriander leaves and onion rings.
I just love the wide variety of chicken dishes you have on your blog... this one is really good...ReplyDelete
Thanks or the compliment on the chicken dishes.Delete
very nice chicken recipe dearReplyDelete
hmm ...Simple and yummy curry .Thanks for linking it to "first anniversary giveaway"ReplyDelete
My pleasure dearDelete
simple and yummy recipeReplyDelete
simple yet delish chicken curryReplyDelete