Delicious dry mutton preparation to serve with rotis and naans.
Mutton .... 1/2 kg
Onions .... 2 large
Ginger ..... 1 tbsp (grated )
Garlic ...... 1 tbsp (crushed)
Mint leaves ... 1 cup
Coriander leaves ... 1 cup
Green chillies ... 2-3
Yogurt ....... 1 cup
Cinnamon .... 2inch piece
Bay leaves ... 2-3
Black cardamoms ... 1-2
Cloves .... 4
Garam masala powder .. 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder ...... 1/2 tsp
Shan meat masala ...... 1 tsp
Red chilli powder .... optional ( add little if you like it spicy )
Salt ... to taste
Oil ...... 5-6 tbsps
1. Clean the meat and boil in a pressure cooker adding salt, a little turmeric powder and the whole spices mentioned in the list. Cook it until it is 3/4 th done (Add only 2-3 cups water so that you can use it while cooking )
2. Meanwhile heat oil in a wok and fry the onion to golden brown colour.
3. Add the ginger garlic and saute for half a minute.
4. Now tip in the green chillies and the mint and coriander leaves. Add one cup water and simmer to cook.
5. Open the pressure cooker and remove the meat. Take the whole spices from it and add them to the onion masala. (The water can be saved if you like to have some gravy in the meat)
6. Once the onion is cooked, add the mutton pieces and all the masalas. Saute it well until you get a nice colour.
7. Whisk the curd and stir it into the meat. Add a little water in which you cooked the meat.(as required)
8. Simmer until the meat is cooked.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.