In Sindhi Cuisine we have many kinds of fish preparations. This is one of the most popular one which goes well with Sindhi pulao. It tastes good with phulkas and dhodho also.
Ingredients for Onion Masala: ( Daag )
Onions ........... 4 -5 medium sized (sliced)
Tomatoes ...... 1 (chopped)
Green chillies ... 1-2(chopped)
Ginger paste .... 1 tsp
Garlic paste ...... 1 tsp
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add the sliced onions and saute them until brown.
2. Add the chopped tomato, chillies, ginger and garlic pastes.
3. Pour 1/2 cup water and simmer it till the onion is cooked.
4. Let it cool and grind it with a hand grinder or in a mixer.
(This will be used for pulao and fish)
Fish .... Surmai (or any other variety) 200 gms
Onion Masala .. 1/2 to 1 cup ( depending on the quantity of gravy you need)
Cumin powder .. 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder .. 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder ... 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder .. 1/4 tsp (add more if you like it spicy)
Garam masala ........ 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves .. to garnish
1. Clean the fish and sprinkle salt to marinate for 1 hour.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add the onion paste and all the dry spice powders. 3. Add the salt carefully as the fish is already marinated with salt.
4. Tip in the fish slices and saute carefully, turning the fish once. Add enough water and simmer to cook.
Garnish with coriander leaves.
shall findout this surmai fish... lovely recipe shobhaReplyDelete
Thanks Monu.. you can try making with any fish available.Delete
The gravy is looking so yummy.. Mouthwatering fish curry.ReplyDelete
flavourful fish curry... yumm...ReplyDelete
mouth watering tangy fish curryReplyDelete