This is a South Indian style raita / pachadi with tempering. Make it with any kind of veggie ... tastes really yum ! I have actually made use of some fried brinjals left over from yesterday's dinner. You can fry them freshly and make after cooling them.
Brinjal / eggplant .... 1 large or use few small ones
Curd ...... 2 cups or as needed
Salt ... to taste
Oil .... for frying the brinjals and tempering.
Spice powders for sprinkling (cumin, chilli, coriander powders )
Mustard seeds ... 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida ... a pinch
Dry red chillies .. 1-2
Curry leaves ... few
1. Wash and cut the brinjal into small pieces. Put them in salt water for some time before frying.
2. Heat oil in a pan and fry them until done. Remove and sprinkle with the spice powders.
3. Whisk the curd adding a little salt. Add a little water of you like. I did not add as I like it thicker.
4. In a pan add a little oil. Tip in the tempering ingredients and when they crackle switch off the gas.
5. Stir in the yogurt and the fried brinjal pieces.
You may add some chopped coriander leaves too.