Nothing better than a bowl of hot soup on a cold winter day. Here is a recipe of nice creamy soup without the addition of any cream. You can add milk if you like but I avoid as hubby dear does not like it.
Cauliflower .... 1 cup (finely chopped like mince)
Potatoes ......... 2 small
Onion ............ 1 small
Cinnamon stick ... 1 small piece
Bay leaf ........... 1
Oregano ..... 1/2 tsp
Black pepper ... 1/4 tsp
Salt ......... to taste
Butter or oil ... 1 tbsp
1. Slice the onion.
2. Peel and cut the potato into small pieces.
3. Wash and cut the cauliflower very finely.
4. In a pressure cooker melt the butter and add the cinnamon and bay leaf.
5. When they give out aroma, add the sliced onion and saute for a minute until translucent.
6. Tip in the chopped potatoes and cauliflower.
7. Saute and add the salt and oregano.
8. Add about 6 cups of water and close the lid.
9. After 4-5 whistles close the gas. Let it cook in its steam.
10. Open the cooker and discard the cinnamon and bay leaf. Blend the soup with a hand blender or a mixie.
11. Add freshly crushed black pepper before serving. This quantity makes 2 servings.
Note: The thickness of the soup can be according to your liking and add water accordingly.You can also cook without a pressure cooker but it takes a longer time and you have to add more water.
This soup looks really tasty and hearty.ReplyDelete
Healthy and hearty soup!ReplyDelete
Yes Sona.. I like it too.Delete
Your soup looks wonderful. I like the idea of using the cinnamon in it! Thank you for sharing it with us at the Hearth and Soul hop.ReplyDelete
My pleasure April.Delete