Baby brinjals stuffed with gram flour and spices make a perfect side dish to go with dal chawal or any other curry with rotis. You can have a variation if stuffings too like grated onion with spices or a tangy stuffing with tamarind pulp and spices, roasted and ground sesame seeds or poppy also give an additional flavour to this dish.
Baby brinjals .... 8-10
Besan / gram flour .. 2 tbsps
Cumin powder .... 1/2tsp
Coriander powder . 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala powder .. 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder .... 1/4 tsp
Dry mango powder .. 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder .... 1/4 tsp
Salt .......... to taste
Oil ........ 3-4 tbsps
Coriander leaves .. to garnish
1. Wash and slit the baby brinjals leaving the stems intact.
2. Mix the spices and salt with the gram flour.
3. Stuff the brinjals with this mix.
4. Heat oil in a pan and tip in the brinjals.
5. Simmer the gas and cover with a lid.
6. Keep turning the sides few times to fry them evenly.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves before serving.
Note: These tiny brinjals don't require any water for cooking if done on very low flame. If they are slightly bigger you can sprinkle a little water while simmering.
I love stuffed brinjals. I haven't cooked them for a while so will bookmark this recipe to remind me to get some brinjals soon.ReplyDelete
Oh this looks so tempting and inviting. Got to try this soon, lovely recipe.ReplyDelete
Have a great weekend:)
Thank you so muchDelete
very delicious stuffed brinjals. Tastes so yummy with roti.ReplyDelete
I have never heard them called brinjals before. But I love stuffed aubergines.ReplyDelete
Yes Dannii, in India we call them Brinjals.Delete