This is a simple and quick salad made with cucumbers and onions which we usually have in our kitchens. The dressing is made with sour cream, honey, salt and pepper.
I am using some home grown microgreens also in this salad as they add to the nutrition. They can be easily grown at home using a mixture of seeds like flax seeds, chia seeds, mustard seeds, sesame seeds or grains like jowar, bajra, wheat. You also get them in the stores easily these days.
Cucumbers .......... 1
Micro greens ....... handful
Sour cream ......... 2 tbsps
White vinegar ..... 1 tbsp
Honey ................ 1 tsp
Crushed black pepper .... 2-3 pinches
Salt ..................... as needed
1. Peel the cucumber and cut into round slices. You may use unpeeled one if you like.
2. Peel the onion, cut into round slices and separate them into rings. Select a small onion for this.
3. Marinate the onion rings with little salt and vinegar for few minutes.
4. Mix the cucumber and onion in a platter. Add some microgreens.
5. Make the dressing by mixing the sour cream, honey and little black pepper. Add a spoon of water to make it smooth and creamy.
6. Mix the dressing with the onion, cucumber and microgreens just before serving.
7. Dish it out into a serving bowl or plate and sprinkle little black pepper on top.
8. Garnish with microgreens.
This salad looks like the perfect side to serve with some pasta or jacket potato. In fact I would love it as a sandwich filling or just a bowl ful on its on. Simple yet tasty.ReplyDelete
Thanks Nayna. Yes such quick fix salads are good for daily menu.Delete
It is running between scorching heat and cold rains here at the moment. So it is lovely to have some soothing creamy salads. I love how delicious the cucumbers taste in this.ReplyDelete
Thanks for liking Seema. As you rightly said I love salads in summer too.Delete
the sour cream cucumber salad with onions and the spices looks super tasty !ReplyDelete