A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during the winter. I have tried out a few new recipes this winter and this is one of them, Green pea soup with the addition of celery and mint is so delicious. The consistency of this soup is usually thicker and it is nice and filling. You may replace the celery with leek also.
Green peas ... 3 cups (fresh, frozen or canned)
Celery ........ 1 cup (diced)
Red Onion .. 1 small (sliced)
Mint leaves .... 1 cup
Black pepper ... 2 -3 pinches freshly crushed
Salt ............. as needed
Olive oil .... 1 tbsp (or butter )
Cream ...... 1-2 tbsps (or use milk 1/2 cup )
1. Heat olive oil or butter in a pan and saute the onion.
2. Add the celery, green peas and mint leaves.
3. Add 5 cups of water, a little salt and bring to a boil.
4. Simmer until the vegetables are cooked and tender.
5. Allow it to cool and blend using a hand blender to a smooth paste.
6. Add water or milk and adjust the consistency of the soup to your linking.
7. Add the freshly ground pepper and stir in the cream.
Garnish with cream and mint leaves.