This is a very easy mushroom recipe made effortlessly and yet it tastes so good. It is perfect one for bachelors and beginners to try out. You can use any variety of mushrooms available. I have used button mushrooms.
Mushrooms .......... 250 gms
Onions ............... 5 (smaller ones)
Tomato ............ 1 large
Green chillies .... 1 or 2
Coriander leaves .. a small bunch about 1/2 cup
Garlic .................. 1 tbsp (crushed)
Ginger ............... 1' piece (grated)
Coriander powder .. 1 tsp
Cumin powder ...... 1/2 tsp
Garam masala ...... 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder ... 1/4 tsp
Salt ....................... to taste
Kasoori methi .....1 tbsp
Oil ..................... 3 tbsps
1. Wash the mushrooms well and cut them into big pieces. (quarters if big, halves if small)
2. Peel the onions and cut into cubes.
3. Cut the tomato into cubes.
4. Chop the green chillies or crush them coarsely.
5. Heat oil in a pan. Add the ginger garlic and saute a bit.
6. Add green chillies followed by the spice powders, salt and kasoori methi.
7. Stir on low flame and tip in the onion chunks.
8. Toss them until the spices are well coated on them.
9. Now add the mushrooms and tomato chunks.
10. Stir fry a bit and add coriander leaves. Save some for later.
11. Cover and cook for 3 minutes on medium flame stirring intermittently.
12. Check the salt and doneness of the mushrooms.
13. Now reduce the flame to low and simmer for 2 minutes covering the lid.
14. Do not overcook them. They should be slightly crunchy.
15. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with rotis or khichdi.
These mushrooms cooked with garlic and ginger with tomatoes look delicious. I love the flavours. This must taste great with rotis.ReplyDelete
Thanks Mina. Yes so tasty and easy to make. Do try itDelete
Mushrooms are my go to dish when I am bored of cooking!This yum mushroom jalfrezi is something I need to try soon. Will make a great meal with fulkas.ReplyDelete
This one is super easy and delicious. Must try if you love mushrooms ArchanaDelete
Love mushroom jalfrezi. Don't know why I've not tried making it at as yet. Such an easy and delicious dish.ReplyDelete
Thanks Mayuri. You must try it if you are a mushroom lover.Delete
Now this is one yum mushrooms jalfrezi. Will be absolutely yum with rotis, Naan an even rice dal. This will be on my meal plan now.ReplyDelete
Thanks. Make and enjoy.Delete
Mushroom Jalfrezi looks delicious. It is ideal to pair with rotis or phulka. My son loves mushroom, must make it for him.ReplyDelete
Thanks dear. I am sure your son will love it.Delete
Simple mushroom curry with tomatoes and exotic spice blend makes an amazing accompaniment for rotis / naanReplyDelete
Thanks Priya. So glad you liked it.Delete
Mushrooms are one of our favorite and the jalfrezi was the perfect pair with phulkas.ReplyDelete