Kadai paneer is a very delicious and most popular dish. Paneer chunks are cooked in a flavourful gravy along with onion and bell pepper cubes. This uniquely flavoured paneer preparation is very different than the other paneer dishes like Butter Paneer /Shahi Paneer. This restaurant style curry pairs well with rotis and naans.
Paneer - 200 gms
Paneer - 200 gms
Capsicum / Bell pepper - Few pieces of red, yellow & green
Onion - 1 (cut into cubes)
Onion - 1 (sliced)
Tomato - 1
Ginger paste - 1 tsp
Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Kasoori methi - 1 tbsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Kashmiri chilli powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
Cream - 1-2 tbsps or as required
Salt - to taste
Oil - as needed
1. Heat 2 tbsps of oil. Fry the paneer cubes lightly and put them in hot water. This is a tip to get a soft and spongy texture of paneer.
2. Same way fry the capsicum and onion pieces separately and set aside.
3. Heat 2 more tbsps of oil and fry the sliced onions until translucent.
4. Add ginger, garlic and tomato. Slow cook until the tomato is soft.
5. Add little water and grind to a paste after it is cooled.
6. In a pan heat 2 tbsps of oil and reduce the flame. Add the spice powders, salt and little water.
7. Now stir in the blended onion mixture and simmer it until the oil is separated.
8. Drain the water from the paneer cubes. Add them to the gravy along with the fried onion and capsicum cubes. Check the salt and adjust if required.
9. Crush the kasoori methi and sprinkle over the simmering gravy.
10. Add little cream and give it a gentle stir. Simmer it a bit.
11. Curry is done. Serve it with naans or rotis.
This recipe is for A-Z challenge - Season 2
Season 1 - We have completed the first season making the recipes alphabetically with ingredients with English names. ( eg. A - Apple, Artichoke, Asparagus ..)
Season 2 - We decided to make the recipes alphabetically with Hindi names. ( A - Anar, Adrak Aloo ... )
This month the Alphabet is P
Recipe List of A-Z Challenge (Season 2)
A - Adraki Aloo (Baby Potatoes with ginger and spice powders)
B - Begun Bhaja ( Bengali style fried Brinjals)
C - Chukandar Ke Parathe (Stuffed Beetroot Parathas)
D - Farali Dahi Chawal ( Barnyard Millet Curd Rice / Samak ke Dahi Chawal )
E - Elaichi Cup Cakes ( Cardamom flavoured cup cakes )
F - False ke Biscuits ( Lemon Currant Cookies )
G - Gud Wale Pohe (Sweet Flattened Rice Flakes with jaggery)
H - Hare Dhaniye ki Sabzi ( Fresh Coriander stir fry )
I - Imli Gosht ( Hyderabadi style tangy Mutton Curry)
J - Jowar ke Phulke (Sorghum Flour Flatbreads)
K - Karele ki Bhurji ( Diced Bitter Gourd Stir fry)
L - Lehsun Ka Achar ( Garlic Pickle)
M - Moong Dal with Sarson ka Saag ( Moong dal with Mustard Greens)
N - Neembu Gud ki Shikanji (Indian summer drink with herbs and spices)
Kadhai paneer looks so tempting would love to try itReplyDelete
Thanks. Hope you enjoyDelete
The kadhai paneer is one of the most loved recipes in my house. Thankyou, for the step by step detailed recipe.ReplyDelete
Thank you for likingDelete
The colors are gorgeous, inviting & sounds very flavorful n delicious...loved your version!!ReplyDelete