Try out these healthy power packed parathas with the goodness and nutrition of moringa leaves. You can serve them with yogurt and pickle for breakfast or with some saag / dal for lunch. They are so delicious and filling.
Wheat flour ....... 1 & 1/2 cups (or as needed)
Besan / gram flour .... 1 tbsp
Moringa leaves ......... 1 cup
Green chillies .......... 1 tbsp (crushed or finely chopped)
Onion .................. 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
Coriander seeds ... 1 tbsp (crushed coarsely)
Cumin seeds ........ 1 tsp
Turmeric powder ... 1/2 tsp
Salt ........................ to taste
Ghee or oil .......... as needed
1. Take the flour and besan in a large platter for kneading.
2. Mix all the ingredients and 1 tbsp of ghee or oil.
3. Knead into a soft and pliable dough. Cover and rest it for 10 minutes.
4. Take out a small portion and roll it out.
5. Brush some ghee and sprinkle little flour on it.
6. Fold it into a square shaped parcel.
7. Roll it out again into a square shaped paratha.
8. Roast it on a griddle / tawa spooning some ghee or oil flipping it until it gets nice and crispy.
9. Serve it hot with some yogurt and pickle.
10. For lunch you can also pair it with some tadka dal or saag.
Check out the video
Pin for later
I love your versatile use of moringa leaves. I have easy access to these leaves but have never tried making any different recipe. Thanks for the yum paratha will make it for my kiddo.ReplyDelete
Thanks Archana. I am glad that you have easy access to moringa leaves. Lucky you. Some more recipes coming up soon.Delete
The moringa leaves must have given the paratha a delicious flavour. I love discovering new and interesting paratha flavours like this one.ReplyDelete
Yes Nayna and added nutritional value too. ThanksDelete
I think I've seen frozen moringa leaves at the Indian supermarket. Although moringa has become popular here in the west, it is mostly in the form of tea, so fresh is not easy to come by. However, I will check next time I go to the Indian market and would love to try these. Love the bright color of the parathas.ReplyDelete
Do try if you find some moringa greens. Hope some Indian grocery store might have themDelete