Here is an easy recipe of healthy cookies made with Ragi I have combined it with gram flour which can also be substituted with All purpose flour or whole wheat flour.
Ragi flour ................ 1/2 cup
Gram flour / besan .... 1/2 cup or Whole wheat flour
Jaggery powder ........ 7 - 8 tbsps (I used organic jaggery powder)
Desi ghee / clarified butter ... 6 tbsps (you may also use butter)
Salt .......................... 2 pinches
Baking powder ......... 3/4 tsp
Cardamom powder ... 1/2 tsp
Milk ........................... 2 -3 tbsps
1. In a large mixing bowl take the ragi and gram flour.
2. Add baking powder, cardamom powder and salt. Mix everything with a spatula.
3. Next add the organic jaggery powder and mix it breaking all the lumps.
4. Now stir in the melted ghee or butter little by little and mix.
5. Add the milk , spoonful at a time until the dough can be gathered together into a lump.
6. Knead it lightly. Cover with a cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
7. Remove the dough and taking small portions shape the cookies.
8. If you have designing moulds use them or you can press lightly with a fork.
9. Place on a parchment paper in a baking tray.
10. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 C for 12 to 15 minutes.
11. The cookies may appear to be soft but will change the texture after cooling.
You can also see the making procedure in the video
1. Use all the ingredients at room temperature
2. If using salted butter skip adding the salt.
3. The baking time may ry a bit depending on the type and size of the oven.
4. This quantity makes 12 cookies.
Wow Shobha ji. These cookies look lovely with your healthy twist of ragi flour.ReplyDelete
Thanks a lot SarikaDelete
Love these healthy cookies and what a great way to get ragi into ones diet besides using it in flatbreads and idlis. Like the pattern on top of the cookies, pretty.ReplyDelete
Thanks Mayuri . We have to try and make our food as healthy as possible.Delete
What a healthy cookie. Great for snack time!ReplyDelete
Cookies look so good, just like chocolate cookies but more healthier..ReplyDelete
Yes dear. ThanksDelete
Super healthy and delicious cookies. I also love cookies made of ghee. A guilt free snack for munching time. Cookies looks so cute and tempting.ReplyDelete
Thanks Sujata. I also make cakes with ghee sometimes. Do try themDelete
Such a healthy and easy way to get hubby to eat some ragi! Ragi cookies are definitely my next bake. Thanks for the easy recipe with pantry ingredients.ReplyDelete
Thanks Archana. So glad you liked the cookie recipe.Delete
I love that it is 100 % Gluten free. ragi cookies look scrumptious shobha - KalyaniReplyDelete
Thanks a lot KalyaniDelete
Ragi cookies are so crisp and tasty. We had ours for a coffee evening with neighbours, they loved to have extra for the next day too.ReplyDelete
So glad to hear that. ThanksDelete