Pepper chicken has always been my favourite among chicken dishes. This can be served as a side dish or a dry version for snacking. I came across this recipe with the addition of jeera in Divya Pramil's blog, " You Too Can Cook ". Jeera definitely adds to the flavours. I tried it out and it was super delicious, just the way I like it .. hot and spicy.
Chicken ... 250 gms
Onion .... 1
Black pepper corns ... 1 tsp
Cumin seeds ... 1 tsp
Ginger ....... 1 inch piece (grated)
Garlic ..... i tbsp (crushed )
Cumin powder .. 1 tsp
Turmeric powder .. 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder .. 1/4 tsp (optional)
Cinnamon stick ... 1 inch piece
Garam masala ... 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice ... 1-2 tbsps
Curry leabes ... few
Coriander leaves ... handful
Salt ... to taste
Oil ... 4-5 tbsps
1. Clean the chicken, wash and marinate with lemon juice, turmeric and salt.
2. Dry roast and grind the pepper corns and cumin seeds separately to a coarse powder.
3. In a pan take oil and add the cinnamon stick and curry leaves.
4. When you get the aroma, tip in the ginger, garlic and sliced onion.
5. Saute until golden brown.
6.. Now add the marinated chicken, salt and saute.
7. Add the spice powders at this stage and mix well.
8. Sprinkle little water and simmer to cook.
9. When it is almost done, add the lemon juice and garnish with coriander leaves.
Note : If you want to serve as a side dish with rotis , you may add a little more onion to get more masala.
Pin for later
You may also like:
Ghee Roast Chicken