Onion rasam made without adding any dal. I would never have imagined of making any kind of rasam without dal in it until I saw this recipe in Divya Pramil's blog. It was really very nice and easy to make too.
Recipe Source - You Too Can Cook
Shallots ... 10-12
Tomato .. 1
Tamarind .. lemon size soaked in water
Dry red chillies . 1-2
Coriander leaves .. handful
Curry leaves .. few
Garlic ... 2-3 cloves
Cumin seeds .. 1 tsp
Mustard seeds .. 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida ... 1 pinch
Rasam powder .. 2 tsps
Turmeric powder .. 1/8 tsp
Salt ... to taste
Oil ... 1-2 tbsps
1. Extract juice from the soaked tamarind and set aside.
2. Grind together the shallots, curry leaves, garlic, and cumin seeds coarsely.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds and asafoetida.
4. Add the broken red chillies and the ground mixture. Saute for 2 minutes on medium flame.
5. Add the salt, rasam powder, chopped tomato and turmeric powder. Stir fry for a minute.
6. Now add the turmeric water and additional 2 cups or little more water according to your preference. Simmer for a few minutes.
Note: If you cannot find shallots then you can use the normal onion of medium size.
Pin for later
You may also like:
interesting rasam recipe..ReplyDelete
looks really yummyReplyDelete
oh such a different rasam ..Looks fabulous ..Thanks for linking it to my event First anniversary giveawayReplyDelete
My pleasure DearDelete
tangy flavors,perfect with steamed rice :)ReplyDelete
Yes Julie.. thanksDelete
This looks delicious perfect comfort food.ReplyDelete
Looks very comforting, lovely flavors.ReplyDelete
Thank u PriyaDelete
looks yummy,,but mujhe to balti bhi chahiyeReplyDelete
beautiful rasam dearReplyDelete